An ingrown toenail is also known as onychocryptosis. In fact, this is one such problem. In which the edge of your toe extends towards the body. This Ingrown toenail usually occurs when your toenails are affected by an external force. Then they turn its growth into the skin. Millions of people are affected by ingrown toenails every year. It usually affects the big toe of your foot.
Ingrown Toenail Symptoms
The most common symptom of an ingrown toenail is swelling in the affected area of your foot and pain when pressure is applied to the foot. In addition, some of the other symptoms include redness, swollen skin, bleeding, enlargement of the skin around the toes, and even the formation of fluid around the toes.
What is the cause of an Ingrown Toenail?
When it comes to the cause of the Ingrown Toenail. So this problem can affect both men and women without any difference. However, this is not a contagious problem. But it can also be the result of bad habits. In fact, age, wearing too-tight shoes, poor posture, not paying attention to foot hygiene, improperly cutting nails, putting too much pressure on the feet and even genetic predisposition can all cause this problem. In addition, if you play football, kickboxing, and other sports in which you repeatedly kick something or put pressure on your feet for long periods of time, these can increase the risk of ingrown toenails.
Home Remedies for Ingrown Toenail
Ingrown toenails are a problem that may require antibiotics to treat. In addition, you can get rid of Ingrown toenails through natural home remedies. These remedies are considered effective for the treat an ingrown toenail at home.
1. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is one of the most popular natural home remedies for toenail toenails. It can provide quick relief from swelling and pain. Because it contains a lot of magnesium. Which is known to fight inflammation. It can effectively prevent inflammation of the skin of the feet.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt to a bucket of warm water.
- Soak your affected area or foot in it for 15-20 minutes and gently massage the affected skin area down.
- Do this 2 to 3 times daily.
Turmeric can be considered a good remedy for remove an ingrown toenail. Because it contains curcumin, which is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial. Which helps in eliminating the bacteria present in the skin as well as in relieving the swelling and pain in the affected area.
- Put a tablespoon of turmeric powder and mix it with water to make a paste.
- Then apply this paste to the affected area.
- Do this 2 to 3 times a day.
- In addition, you can mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and drink it twice a day.
Lemon offers many health benefits, including the treat an ingrown toenail. This can stop the bacteria from growing due to their acidic nature. In addition, due to its antifungal properties, it provides protection against fungal infections and makes it an excellent natural treatment for ingrown toenails.
- Take a lemon and cut it into thin slices.
- Then apply these pieces to the affected areas with ingrown toenails.
- Use a bandage to cover those areas and leave overnight.
- Remove it the next morning.
- Do this once a night before going to bed.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has long been used in the treatment of many skin problems due to its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties. It can also help to treat an ingrown toenail. In addition, it helps soften the thumb due to its hydrating and moisturizing properties making it easier to remove ingrown toenail housing. Thus, aloe vera helps ensure thumb growth in the right direction
- Take fresh aloe vera gel from aloe vera leaves.
- Rub it on the affected area and cover it with a bandage if needed.
- Do this three or four times a day for the best results
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is considered to be a good remedy for many ailments. It can help reduce pain and inflammation due to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, due to its antibacterial action, it also helps protect the thumb from bacterial and fungal infections. This is why apple cider vinegar is also effective in the treatment of ingrown toenails.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in apple cider vinegar.
- Then apply it to the affected area.
- Alternatively, you can mix apple cider vinegar with water and soak your feet in it for 15-20 minutes. But don’t forget to dry it with a towel after washing.
Ginger can be amazing for removing an ingrown toe nail. In fact, it is due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Which promotes the healing process as well as helps to get rid of ingrown toenail symptoms.
- First, crush the ginger and then mix it with a few drops of sesame oil and cayenne pepper.
- Apply this paste to the affected area for a few minutes.
- Leave on for about 10-15 minutes then rinse thoroughly with water.
7. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil helps prevent the spread of ingrown toenail infections. This is because it has powerful antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Which not only stops the growth of bacteria and fungi but also reduces the pain that you are suffering from. In addition, it provides too much moisture to the skin to soften the thumb.
- Take a few drops of tea tree oil and apply it directly to the vine nails.
- Then gently massage these areas for a few minutes.
- Do this twice daily.
- If your skin is sensitive, you should use a few drops of tea tree oil mixed with carrier oil.
Most doctors recommend not drinking too much alcohol. Because it is harmful to health. But when you apply alcohol to the skin, it provides many benefits to the skin. This can help soften the hardened skin around the thumb to remove an ingrown toenail. In addition, it also helps in sterilizing the infection which causes pain. This is why alcohol is a good natural home remedy for ingrown toenail
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in alcohol and then apply it to the affected area.
- Thus, repeat the process several times a day.