In today’s world, everyone tries their best to maintain the beauty of their skin. However, some skin problems can ruin the beauty of your skin. Which you may have to face many times in your life. Similarly, in this article, we will talk about skin problems tinea versicolor. What are the causes and symptoms of tinea versicolor? And more importantly, how natural home remedies work to eliminate the problem of tinea versicolor. But first, let’s find out what tinea versicolor really is.
What is Tinea Versicolor?
Tinea versicolor is also known as pityriasis Versicolor. However, its name is strange and complex. But it can cause serious problems. In fact, tinea versicolor is one such term. Used to describe a common fungal infection of the skin. That can usually cause small, dyed patches on the skin. They are usually seen on the upper arms, and neck and can even be seen below the chest. It affects millions of people each year, mostly teenagers and young adults. However, skin patches are not contagious. But sometimes in some cases, it can cause itching and irritation. This is usually the case. When there is a lot of growth on the skin fungus. As a result, the skin patches are darker than the actual skin color.
What causes tinea versicolor?
The most common cause of tinnitus is considered to be a fungus. Also called Malassezia infection. It releases an acid that interferes with the production of melanin. That is tanning for skin color functionality. However, in addition, there are some factors that can stimulate the growth of tinea versicolor such as.
- Excessive sweating
- Different types of cancer
- Oily skin
- Weak immune system
- Family history
- Lack of nutrition
- Using birth control pills
- Some medicines
- Hormonal changes
- Diagnosed with diabetes
Tinea versicolor symptoms
When it comes to the symptoms of tinea versicolor, some of the most common of these symptoms are patches on your skin. They are most often seen on the torso and shoulders and on the arms, chest, neck, or back. However, in addition, these patches can appear anywhere on your body. In addition, other common symptoms include discoloration, rash, dryness, darkening or redness of the skin, and itching.
Home Remedies for Tinea Versicolor
Tinea versicolor is not contagious. But in this situation, you may face some health problems. Treatment of tinea versicolor is usually done with anti-fungal creams, lotions. However, there are also home remedies for tinea versicolor. That can speed up the disappearance of the infection and help maintain the beauty of your skin.
Garlic is the world’s healthiest food, known for its powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and antimicrobial activities. It helps control the spread of the infection as well as relieve its symptoms. Therefore, garlic can be used to treat tinea versicolor.
How to use:
- Crush the garlic cloves to get the garlic juice. Then apply it directly on the affected skin and after about 10-20 minutes wash it off with water.
- You can also consume two cloves of garlic daily on an empty stomach.
- In addition, you can take garlic supplements after consulting a doctor.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the most important home remedies for tinea versicolor. It can relieve itchily and pigmented skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, due to its antifungal activity, it eliminates fungus and prevents the spread of infection. This way, it can prevent the infection from happening again
How to use:
- Mix 5-7 drops of tea tree oil with one tablespoon of coconut or olive oil.
- Then apply it to the affected skin using a cotton ball.
- Allow it to dry, after which, rinse with lukewarm water and keep the affected skin dry.
- Do this two to three times a day for a few weeks.
3. Coconut Oil
If tea tree oil does not bring positive results, you should use coconut oil to treat tinea versicolor. Because it is the most effective home remedy for tinea versicolor. This is due to its anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antifungal activities. It can reduce the symptoms of tinea versicolor infection.
How to use:
- Take a little coconut oil and apply it directly on the affected skin and leave it on for 20-30 minutes or overnight before washing.
- Also, mix a few drops of cinnamon oil in a tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply this mixture directly to the affected areas. After about 20 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water.
- Do this 2 to 3 times a day until the infection goes away
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a tinea versicolor natural cures. It prevents the spread of infection due to its powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties and speeds up your recovery. Thus, aloe vera can help relieve the symptoms of tinea versicolor.
How to use:
- Take aloe vera leaf, cut it and take out the gel. Apply it directly to the affected skin.
- Also, mix a few drops of lavender oil in a tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Then apply it directly to the affected skin.
- Apply these measures 2 to 3 times a day for a few weeks.
In addition to being good for digestive problems, yogurt provides many other benefits to the skin. Therefore, it can be used to treat the fungus Malacia that causes tinea versicolor. Because yogurt is rich in probiotics, it has antifungal properties. This is why yogurt can speed up the healing process as well as help prevent re-infection.
How to use:
- Take some plain yogurt and apply it directly to the affected skin. After about 30 minutes, rinse with warm water.
- In addition, you can consume 2 or 3 cups of yogurt daily to boost the immune system to fight infections.
6. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil seems to be the perfect solution in the fight against tinea versicolor. Because it can help control the infection as well as alleviate the symptoms. This is due to the anti-fungal properties of this essential oil. Which is the best way to deal with the fungus.
How to use:
- Mix equal amounts of oregano oil and olive oil.
- Then apply it to the affected area using a cotton ball.
- After leaving for about 30 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water.
- Perform once a day for a few weeks.
- In addition, you can take oregano supplement pills after consulting a doctor.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another possible name for one of the leading home remedies for tinea versicolor, known for its anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties. It helps in controlling the growth of fungus as well as relieving redness and itching associated with tinea versicolor. So, if we do not mention apple cider vinegar for the treatment of tinea versicolor, it may be a mistake.
How to use:
- Dilute a tablespoon of vinegar in a cup of warm water. Then apply it to the affected skin using a cotton ball. After about 15-20 minutes, rinse with warm water. Perform once or twice a day for a few weeks.
- Alternatively, you can mix apple cider vinegar with water and take it twice a day.
Turmeric deserves to be one of the home remedies for tinea versicolor due to its many wonderful properties like antifungal, antibiotic, and antiseptic. Because it not only prevents infection but also promotes healing. This is why turmeric works best against tinea versicolor.
How to use:
- Make a paste by mixing two tablespoons of turmeric powder with some sandalwood powder and water. Then apply it to the affected skin and after about 20-30 minutes wash it off with water.
- Perform once a day for a few days until there are positive changes.
9. Baking Soda
Baking soda should not be overlooked in the list of home remedies for tinea versicolor as it is known for its alkaline properties. Because it not only helps control the infection but can also help you remove dead cells from the skin. In addition, it helps you maintain a balanced skin pH level through alkalization.
- Make a paste by mixing two tablespoons of baking soda with water. Then apply this paste to the affected area for 10 to 20 minutes. After that, wash the affected area with water. Do this for a few days until positive changes occur.
- Alternatively, you can mix a tablespoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it.