Every time you go to the washroom you will experience pain every day. However, you feel this pain, but you do not know where the pain started. In fact, it is in this situation that pilonidal cyst may develop. They are usually located on the edge of your tail. Which causes pain and discomfort. Well, there is no need to hurry and worry. Because in this article we will consider home remedies for the treatment of pilonidal cysts. That can help relieve its symptoms. But first, let’s find out what is pilonidal cyst really. What are the causes and symptoms?
What is a pilonidal cyst?
Pilonidal cystitis is also known as a pilonidal sinus. In fact, they indicate a type of chronic skin infection in and around the bottom of the tailbone. It is usually near the tailbone. A pilonidal cyst is a sac filled with hair, skin, and other debris. But when it gets bigger. It becomes a painful situation. Because it can make it difficult for you to sit and walk.
What causes pyelonephritis?
When it comes to the cause of pyelonephritis, the exact cause remains unclear. But according to health experts, this is a problem. When loose hair enters the skin. This causes a lump to form around the hair. It usually affects men more. In addition, sitting for long periods of time in the office or driving, wearing tight clothing, cycling, or any other factor that causes friction or pressure on the skin can cause pyelonephritis. Because these factors force the hair to penetrate the skin.
What are the risk factors for pyelonephritis?
Pilonidal cysts can grow very fast. It can cause a variety of health issues. Thus, here are some factors that may make pilonidal cyst more susceptible to development, such as:
- Family history
- Inactive lifestyle
- Damage from local shaving or rubbing your skin
- Excess body hair
- Sit for a long time
- Dense body hair
- Male sex
- Young age
- Sedentary lifestyle
What are the symptoms of pyelonephritis?
If you are infected with a pilonidal cyst, you will experience a swollen mass at the bottom of the first tailbone in this condition. Which develops into a large pimple. It is a closed sac filled with fluid. However, in addition, you may experience pain, swelling or redness, abscesses, bad breath, bleeding, excessive fatigue, nausea, fever, and even skin irritation when you walk, sit or stand.
Top Natural And Workable Home Remedies for Pilonidal Cysts?
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the most powerful pilonidal cyst home treatments. It kills viruses, fungi, and other germs due to its antimicrobial action as well as helps to eliminate bacterial infections. In addition, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, pilonidal can reduce the symptoms of cysts. Thus, it can speed up the healing process.
How to apply:
- Add a small amount of water to the tea tree oil
- Then rub it on the affected skin areas and leave it on for about 10 minutes
- Wash it off with warm water and let it dry naturally
- Repeat the treatment two to three times per day
2. Castor Oil
Castor oil contains high levels of anti-inflammatory compounds. Which helps relieve pain and reduce inflammation caused by pilonidal cysts. In addition, due to its antibiotic action, it is especially effective in killing bacteria that live in the skin. Thus, castor oil stimulates the healing process and becomes useful for the treatment of pilonidal cysts.
How to apply:
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in Castor oil
- Then rub it on the infected areas
- Then cover with a bandage and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Do this two to three times a day for a few weeks, until the cysts go away completely
Note – Remember to use a fresh cotton ball and bandage each time you apply
Garlic can help reduce the symptoms of pilonidal cysts and prevent the infection from progressing. This is due to the antibiotic and antimicrobial properties present in it. Which supports immunity to fight infections and enhances treatment. For this reason, it can be effective in treating pilonidal cysts.
How to apply:
- Take some fresh garlic cloves and crush them.
- Then rub it on the affected area and wrap the area with a gauze spot
- Leave it for a few minutes then wash it off with water.
- Repeat the treatment once per day for a few weeks
Turmeric is considered to be useful in treating many ailments. Therefore, it can also help in the treatment of pilonidal cysts. Because turmeric contains curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties. They are effective in reducing inflammation and relieving pain in the affected area. This is why turmeric becomes one of the most powerful home remedies for pyelonephritis.
How to apply:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric with water to make a paste
- Then spread this paste on the cysts and let it dry naturally
- Afterward, wash it off with warm water
- Treat twice daily for a few days
- Alternatively, you can mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a cup of milk and drink it.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera can be a powerful home remedy for pilonidal cysts. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is effective in reducing the pain and irritation caused by pilonidal cysts. In addition, due to its antibiotic properties, it can kill bacteria or other germs that cause pilonidal cysts. Thus, aloe vera has been shown to be effective in promoting the healing process of pylonidyl cysts.
How to apply:
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and squeeze the gel out of it.
- Then rub it gently on the infected area.
- Then leave it for 20-30 minutes then wash it with warm water
- Thus, do the procedure 4 times per day for a week
Honey is widely known as a healthy food. It can quickly reduce the symptoms of pyelonephritis. Because honey is packed with antiseptic, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It is considered useful for the treatment of pyelonephritis.
How to apply:
- Take a little pure honey and spread it on the cysts. Leave on for a few minutes then rinse with water.
- Conversely, make a paste by mixing 2 teaspoons of honey with half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder fear. Apply it to the affected area twice a day.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another recommended natural remedy for pyelonephritis. It can reduce the symptoms of pilonidal cysts. Because it has antimicrobial properties. Which helps prevent the spread of infection. In addition, due to its acidic nature, it can balance the pH level in the skin and expel toxic water caused by pilonidal cysts.
How to apply:
- First, dilute the apple cider vinegar with water.
- Then dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and then spread it on the affected skin areas.
- Secure the cotton ball with a band-aid to keep it in the correct position
- After continuing for a few hours, remove the band-aid and rinse the affected area thoroughly with water.
- Wash the affected areas twice daily
Fenugreek is a medicinal plant. It also has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, along with its taste. Therefore, it can help in the treatment of pilonidal cartilage. Its most famous benefit is to prevent inflammation. In addition, it has been shown to be effective in reducing cyst size in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Boil a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water.
- Strain and consume it.
- Do this several times a day for a few days until your symptoms improve.
- In addition, fenugreek supplements or capsules are effective in treating pyelonephritis.
Onions provide many amazing health benefits, including the treatment of pilonidal cysts. Because it has antimicrobial properties. Which can kill the bacteria that cause pilonidal cysts. This is why onions can be used to treat pyelonephritis arthritis infections.
- Take an onion and cut it into small pieces.
- Then place it in the affected area and cover it with a bandage.
- Change the pieces approximately every 2 hours.
Coconut oil is considered to be very beneficial for skin and hair. It can help treat pyelonephritis. Because it has analgesic, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. All of this helps reduce pain and inflammation in the affected area. So, let’s take a look at coconut oil in particular.
How to apply:
- Take half a teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- Rub it on the affected area.
- Leave it for a few hours.
- Do the same treatment twice daily for the best results
11. Black Tea Bags
The acidic agents in black tea can prevent pilonidal cysts from getting worse. In addition, due to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, it helps in reducing the pain and inflammation in the affected area. Thus, it can effectively ease the infection.
- Soak a bag of black tea in a little warm water for 5-6 minutes.
- Then take the bag out of the water and wait for it to cool slightly.
- Then apply these on the infected area for 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the same process several times for a few days
Addition Tips to prevent a pilonidal cyst
- Rinse the area with water and tissue paper after using the bathroom
- Exercise is good for the prevention of pyelonephritis. Therefore, you should exercise daily to reduce the symptoms of pyelonephritis.
- A healthy diet along with exercise also plays an important role in the prevention of pyelonephritis. Therefore, you should consume foods rich in nutrients. Because a good meal helps keep your immunity good.
- Keeping the affected area clean also helps reduce the risk of pylonidyl stabilization. So clean the affected area with water two to three times per day.
- Try to avoid creams or gels on infected areas as it can irritate the skin.
- Cover the cysts with a bandage to protect the wound from going out and leave it open in the house to allow them to rest.
- Avoid touching and hitting the sitters with any sharp instruments
Read More: Home Remedies for Ovarian Cyst