Jock Itch is also known as Tinea Cruises. In fact, jock itch is a fungal infection of the skin. Which causes red and itchy rashes on warm and moist areas of the body. It can affect both men and women. Millions of cases of jock itch occur each year. However, this is not a fatal problem. But it can affect your daily life. Some common symptoms of jock itch can include itching on the affected area, redness, ring-shaped rash, burning sensation, itchy skin, and even changes in skin color. Which can often be found on the skin of the pots, genitals, and inner thighs. In addition, jock itch often occurs. When you wear tight-fitting clothes, or exercise, even prolonged exposure to moisture can be responsible for this problem. In fact, it is even more common in people who sweat a lot. Because by doing so we lose the fungus quickly. Which are commonly called dermatophytes. In addition, people who are overweight are more likely to have a jock itch.
Remedy For Jock Itch
If you suffer from a jock itch problem. So you need to make changes in your lifestyle. You should keep the area affected by the jock itch clean and dry. In addition, there are home remedies for jock itch. That can help you say goodbye to this disease. So now let’s take a look at some home remedies to get rid of Jock Khar.
Garlic has long been used as an excellent home remedy for many health ailments. In addition to treating the jock itch, it can also ease the burning sensation and irritation. Because garlic contains two bioactive compounds, ajoene and allicin, which have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Which are quite powerful against the fungus. Thus garlic can fight infection as well as relieve the symptoms of jock itch.
Take some garlic cloves and crush them to make a paste then rub them on the infected areas. Leave it for a few minutes then rinse it with water. Apply two to three times per day.
Or you can mix garlic paste in a few drops of olive oil. Apply this solution to your infected areas.
In addition, you should eat 1-2 cloves of garlic daily or add it to your diet to increase immunity.
Note– If you are allergic to garlic, do not use it.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil owns anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agents and can fight many skin ailments, including tunnel fungus, ringworm, and jock itch.
In addition, it has strong anti-fungal properties. Which helps reduce infections caused by jock itch. This promotes rapid healing of the rash.
Mix a few drops of tea tree oil with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Then apply it to the infected area using a cotton ball. Leave on for about 15-20 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water. Do this twice a day for a few days until the issue is completely gone.
Alternatively, tea tree oil can be applied in combination with warm water
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another interesting home treatment for jock itch that you can try. It has been used for centuries to treat many skin ailments. Because it has powerful anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. These properties help prevent the itch from spreading.
Dilute apple cider with water and then place the mixture on the affected area using a cotton ball and press gently. Then secure it with a band-aid and continue for a few hours. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with water.
In addition, you can mix two tablespoons of vinegar in two cups of water and use it to rinse the affected skin with this mixture.
Thus you can do these measures twice a day.
4. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can inhibit the growth of bacteria. Therefore, it is a great treatment for a jock itch. Because its main component is lauric acid, which has antifungal properties. Which can help fight this problem. For this reason, coconut oil can help manage and prevent other infections related to jockeys.
- Take one tablespoon of virgin coconut oil and apply it to the affected area.
- Then leave it for a few hours.
- Repeat several times per day for best results.
Honey can help get rid of jock itch. This can fight infections caused by jock itching. Because honey is the oldest natural remedy for fungal infections. This is due to its anti-oxidant, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. It is effective in killing all fungus-causing jockeys, nail fungus, or ringworms. Thus, honey can help in the treatment of jock itch
Take a cotton ball and dip it in honey.
- Then apply it to the infected affected area.
- Leave on for about 20-30 minutes then rinse with clean water.
- Repeat this process three to four times per day
Onion is on the list of best home remedies for a jock itch cure. It can easily eliminate the toxic bacteria that cause the disease. Because onions contain allicin, which has anti-bacterial, antibiotic, and antifungal properties. They are effective in preventing fungal infections. Thus it can help relieve the symptoms associated with jock itch.
Cut the onion to get the onion juice.
- Then apply to the affected area using a cotton ball.
- Leave on for about 20-30 minutes then rinse with water.
- Thus repeat this procedure until the case improves.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has many benefits for the skin due to its antifungal and antiseptic properties. It can help prevent fungal infections that cause jock itch. In addition, it can soothe itching and inflammation due to its cooling effect. Thus aloe vera helps to get rid of this problem.
- Take fresh aloe vera gel from aloe vera leaves.
- Then apply it to the affected area.
- Rinse with water after leaving for a while.
- Do this a few times a day.
Jock Itch Prevention
However, the above-mentioned home remedies are effective in treating jock itch. But in addition, there are some tips to prevent jock itch:
- Reduce the amount of salt and sugar and avoid fried, spicy foods.
- Don’t wear tight-fitting underwear as this can increase moisture.
- Use powder after activities like workout sessions to facilitate moisture absorption.
- Maintain basic hygiene of your body.
- Avoid sharing personal items such as towels, socks, etc. as they increase the risk of spreading the infection.
- Try to stay as dry as possible and keep your inner thighs and waist area free of moisture. Because moisture increases the chances of fungal infections.
- Keep your feet covered in public places such as showers or pools to avoid the risk of infection.
- Always eat a balanced diet that has a good amount of nutrients. This is because people with weakened immune systems are more susceptible to fungal infections.