Hyperthyroidism is also known as an overactive thyroid. This is a condition of the thyroid. Which is a small butterfly-shaped gland under your neck. It produces two hormones called tetraiodothyronine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). That regulates the body’s enzymes and controls the will. But when the thyroid becomes too active it releases unnecessary amounts of hormones. Then there is hyperthyroidism.
What causes hyperthyroidism?
Hyperthyroidism is Graves’ disease which is an autoimmune disease. Because the thyroid gland is swollen in this condition. It affects women more than men. However, in addition, there are many common causes of hyperthyroidism that trigger this condition:
- Ovarian tumors or testers
- Graves’ disease
- A major component of excess iodine, T4, and T3
- Thyroiditis (inflammation of the thyroid gland)
- Abnormal sensitivity of TSH
- After pregnancy, due to autoimmune status
- Excessive consumption of thyroid hormones
- High amounts of tetrahydroeterone in the diet
- Unusual tumors die in your thyroid
- Working of adenoma and toxic multinodular goiter (TMNG)
When you have hyperthyroidism, you may experience nervousness, excessive sweating, abnormal weight loss, abnormal heartbeat, swelling in the neck, muscle weakness, and fatigue, as well as irregular menstrual cycles and difficulty falling asleep. However, in addition to this, you are involved in some other common symptoms, such as.
- Strict sleep
- Heat intolerance
- Brittle hair
- Double vision
- Thin skin
- Weakness of the body
- Breast enlargement in men
- Lack of concentration
- Strange heartbeat
- Irritability or restlessness
- Vomiting or nausea
- Hair loss
- Muscle weakness
- Excessive appetite
9 cures for hyperthyroidism
If you have hyperthyroidism, you need to treat it properly in a timely manner. Failure to do so may result in further health problems. However, its treatment usually involves some medication and in some cases surgery. But apart from this, you can also treat hyperthyroidism with the help of home remedies. These natural remedies can help deal with the problem of hyperthyroidism as well as improve your health.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a very popular remedy used to treat many ailments. Therefore, home remedies for hyperthyroidism cannot be completed without the tip of apple cider vinegar. Because it is known for its alkaline properties. Not only does it help to flush out toxins from your body, but it is also effective in reducing weight as well as balancing the production and expression of hormones, and promoting energy metabolism.
How to use:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and some honey in a glass of warm water.
- Take on an empty stomach every morning on a regular basis.
Bugleweed has long been used to treat heart and lung conditions. It can significantly control high levels of thyroid hormones. However, it is not known whether bugleweed is effective to treat hyperthyroidism or not.
How to use:
- Add half a teaspoon of bugleweed in a little boiling water. Let it steep for a few minutes. After straining, take once a day.
- In addition, you can combine Beagleweed with lemon balm and motherwort for the best effect.
- Note: It should not be used in pregnant or lactating women and cases of enlarged thyroid glands.
3. Lemon Balm
Lemon balm is considered to be an important treatment for Graves’ disease. Because it contains phenolic acid, flavonoids, and other active compounds. They play an important role in regulating the overactive thyroid and regulating TSH levels. That is why lemon balm is included as one of the remedy for hyperthyroidism.
How to use:
- Mix 2 tablespoons lemon balm in a little boiling water and let it stand for a few minutes.
- After straining, drink tea 2-3 times a day.
Ginger is excellent for improving thyroid function. It helps improve your metabolism, which is important for people with low thyroid function. Because it has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it is not surprising to see ginger in the list of home remedies for cure hyperthyroidism.
How to use:
- In a glass of warm water add some fresh slices of ginger and let steep for a few minutes.
- After straining, add some honey and drink.
- Alternatively, you can chew fresh ginger daily or add it to everyday dishes.
5. Green tea
Green tea is one of the most important hyperthyroidism treatments. This can make the situation somewhat easier. Because it contains a lot of catechins. Which can prevent any negative thyroid function. In addition, it is effective in treating other health problems. This is why green tea is generally considered safe for thyroid patients.
Simply, you need to consume 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can significantly improve the function of the thyroid gland. Because it contains medium-chain fatty acids. In addition to helping with thyroid treatment, it can boost your energy and metabolism.
In addition, it balances body temperature and is very effective for weight loss as well as hair problems.
How to use:
- Bring 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in some milk and consume it together for breakfast.
- In addition, you can add coconut oil to your daily diet. It is best to use extra virgin organic.
7. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry is also known as Aonla. It can treat hyperthyroidism, including many health problems. Because it has an indelible effect on the thyroid gland. Which can help regulate the production of thyroid hormones.
Simply, you need to consume it every morning before breakfast, by making a paste from Indian gooseberry with honey.
Cabbage is one of the most useful vegetables that can be used to treating hyperthyroidism. This is due to the richness of goitrogen, a substance that reduces the production of thyroid hormones. Therefore, it is included in the home remedies for hyperthyroidism.
Therefore, you should include cabbage in your diet.
Like cabbage, broccoli also offers many health benefits, including hyperthyroidism. Because cabbage contains isothiocyanates and goitrogen. Which can stop the thyroid from producing too much thyroid hormone.
Therefore, a person suffering from hyperthyroidism should include cabbage in their diet. You consume raw broccoli for the best effect.
When should you see a doctor?
However, it is advisable to use the above home remedies to treat hyperthyroidism. But if you do not notice any significant improvement after using these home remedies or if you are experiencing weight loss, a rapid heartbeat, a burning sensation in the bottom of the neck, or some other sign related to hyperthyroidism, You should consult a doctor. You must tell the specialist about the symptoms of hyperthyroidism.